- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field or equivalent technical experience
- AWS: 5+ years’ experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, VPC, Glacier, IAM, CloudWatch, KMS) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security.
- DevOps: Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24×7 up&me Amazon AWS environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools.
- Scripting Skills: Strong scripting (e.g. Python) and automation skills.
- Operating Systems: Windows and Linux system administration.
- Monitoring Tools: Experience with system monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios).
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud based production systems, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of production systems.
- Build, release and configuration management of production systems.
- Pre-production Acceptance Testing to help assure the quality of our products / services.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology op&ons and vendor products.
- Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions.